5 Best DDR3 Motherboard – Top Gaming DDR3 Motherboard
Since technology has become all about new inventions and better implementations, people have gone even more curious about what they can do with their devices to boost their performance and productivity.
Earlier, we were okay with the way we bought our machines and their initial configuration. Still, now we are always looking for better modifications, and because of the same reason, buying components for PCs that our better than the pre-installed ones has become prominent.
Ram mixing is something that you must have heard of for sure—ever heard of changing the motherboard? Yes, tech enthusiasts do that, again, to boost their device’s performance.
Now, if you have come searching for some appropriate choices of DDR3 motherboards for your machine, then just keep reading further while we list out some of the best DDR3 motherboards that we know of.
5 Best DDR3 Motherboard
|Model Name||Motherboard Image||Best Known For||Rating|
|ASUS Mini ITX DDR3 1800 LGA 115||Integrated DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI and VGA||5/5|
|MSI AMD FM2+ A68H||Socket FM2+ to support AMD A-Series||4.5/5|
|Intel Desktop Motherboard LGA1155||DVI-I, HDMI and DisplayPort connectors||4.5/5|
|Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 1333 Micro||4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory||4/5|
|ASUS M5A78L M PLUS||EPU System Level Energy Saving||4/5|
What is a DDR3 Motherboard?
Before we start looking at some top DDR3 motherboards, let’s first see what a DDR3 motherboard is. Let’s break it down – DDR3 stands for Double Data Rate three. Does the full form of DDR3 ring any bells? Most of you must have guessed it. Yes, it’s about speed.
DDR3 chips have a bus clock speed of 400 MHz up to 1066 MHz. They range in size from 1 to 24 GB. The most striking fact about the DDR3 chips is their energy consumption. They consume nearly 30% less power than their predecessors (DDR2 & DDR1).
DDR3 RAM sticks for a desktop computer have 240 pins. On the other hand, for a laptop computer, DDR3 RAM sticks have 204 pins.
Let’s finally move on to seeing what best options you have if you have decided to buy a DDR3 motherboard. Here in this article, we are gonna mention the top 5 motherboards that we know of, and we are positive that one out of these five is definitely going to be a suitable choice for your machine.
Also Read: Monoprice 110010 Headphones Review
Best DDR3 Motherboard
1. ASUS Mini ITX DDR3 Motherboard 1800 LGA 1151
ASUS is known for its top-notch supply of electronic components, especially motherboards, and that is exactly what we are looking for.
So there is no doubt that there is no brand as impressive as ASUS if you are buying a motherboard.
Based on the customer reviews, there is just one thing that you need to take care of before developing a dislike for this product. People have complained about the wifi card on the board, saying that it does not deliver a good internet speed.
However, it is a fixable issue. All you will have to do is download some drivers online, which will solve the internet speed issue and would do the board work wonders.
- DDR3/DDR3L memory compatibility
- 5X Protection II – Advanced hardware safeguards for all-round protection
- Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS with EZ Flash 3
- Fan Xpert 2+ advanced fan controls for ultimate cooling and silent performance
- Integrated DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI and VGA to support a variety of monitors/TVs
2. MSI AMD FM2+ A68H
One thing that everyone fears are a scary-looking BIOS. But you won’t have to worry about this.
The MSI DDR3 motherboard provides a very friendly BIOS that reacts faster, runs smoother and has better mouse support.
- Socket FM2+ to support AMD A-Series/Athlon processors (with Godavari support)
- AMD A68H chipset
- 1 PCI-E (1×16), 1 PCI-E x1 and 1 PCI
- 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 1 VGA
- Military Class 4 Components
- Fast Boot
- Military Class Essentials
3. Intel Desktop DDR3 Motherboard LGA1155
Now, who hasn’t heard of Intel? Intel is a trusted brand, and while purchasing from Intel, you can be free of a lot of worries that are often bothersome with other brands.
Since the brand has a niche, you can be worry-free about the customer service and the product quality of the board. The best part about this board is that it’s really fast.
The fast speed of this board is a result of system boot timing, by which it successfully eliminates unnecessary delays.
It also saves your device and, ultimately, the board itself in case of a power shutdown. The active monitoring ensures system protection from power supply failure, current surge, and over-current conditions.
The way it provides safety to the device and the board is by having a power supervisor react to the power shutdown. In the event of power spikes or power droops, the power supervisor will shut the power off.
- Supports 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core i7, i5, and i3 processors in the LGA1155 package
- Intel H77 Express Chipset
- Windows 7 WHQL certified
- Supports the 2nd & 3rd generation Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors
- DVI-I, HDMI and DisplayPort connectors
4. Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 1333 Micro
If you are someone who’s always concerned about the protection of the devices and their components, then mate, there is no better option for you than this board.
The best part about the Gigabyte DDR3 motherboard is the top-level protection it provides. Gigabyte DDR3 motherboard promises humidity protection, power failure protection as well as electrostatic protection.
Now, how cool is that.
- Socket AM3+
- Chipset: North Bridge AMD 760G & South Bridge SB710
- Memory: 4x 240pin DDR3-1333+(O.C.)/1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Max Capacity of 32GB
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slot, 1x PCI Slot
- Windows 8 Ready
- CPU: AM3+ socket Support for AMD AM3+ processor, AMD AM3 Phenom II processor / AMD Athlon II processor
- Memory: 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory / Support for 1333+ (O.C.)/1066 MHz memory modules
- LAN: 1 x Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
5. ASUS M5A78L M PLUS
Yes, of course, ASUS has to make a comeback on this list because of just how good ASUS components are.
This board is a fantastic choice for people who are a tad bit tight on budget and are looking for a decent DDR3 motherboard.
The board is believed to have boosted the graphics performance to an unprecedented level for some people, and it also works fine in other areas making it a worthy option on this list.
- AM3+ CPU Support Ready
- Core Unlocker Unlock true Core performance intelligently
- Anti Surge Full-time Power Guardian Make System Free From Risk
- ASUS EPU System Level Energy Saving
- Low EMI protect you: 50% less radiation
Why Buy DDR3 motherboard?
One question that you must have wondered throughout this article is why do people buy DDR3 motherboards anyways and are not happy with the existing motherboards that they already have? Let’s not leave that question unanswered.
The DDR3 motherboards have their own advantages, for which they are loved by many. Here are some of the reasons why DDR3 motherboards are so popular among tech enthusiasts:
- Higher bandwidth performance, effectively up to 1600 MHz
- Improved latencies as measured in nanoseconds.
- Higher performance at low power (longer battery life in laptops)
- Enhanced low power features