Skywalker Board Review
- 3.1 1. Why is my Skywalker beeping?
- 3.2 2. What is the best hoverboard in Australia?
- 3.3 3. Are Chinese scooters any good?
- 3.4 4. How do I make my Skywalker scooter faster?
- 3.5 5. Why does my hoverboard turn off when I unplug it?
- 3.6 6. Are hoverboards worth the money?
- 3.7 7. Which hoverboard is best for kids?
- 3.8 8. Do Hoverboard Batteries Explode?
- 3.9 9. What can I use if I lost my hoverboard charger?
Skywalker is an electric-powered non-public transportation manufacturer primarily based in Australia. They have 3 great product lines which provide environmentally-friendly approaches to having around: Sky Boards, Sky Carts, and E-Bikes. Their top famous product line is by far the Sky walker Sky Boards.
This business enterprise is one of the safest self-balancing scooter producers in Australia. They use the best quality materials and provide a nationwide assurance for home customers. Their merchandise doesn’t only provide exceptional overall performance but also quick speeds to boom the fun of riding.
Hence, today we will review two Skywalker Hoverboards, viz., Skywalker 6.5” Hoverboard and Skywalker x Road 8.5” Off-road Smart Board.
1. Skywalker 6.5” Hoverboard
- Dimension: 56x18x18 cm
- The maximum weight capacity is 110 kg
- Advanced lithium-ion 36v 4.4AH battery. It charges in 2 hours.
- UL 2272 certified hoverboard
- The board is very lightweight (12 kg)
- This hoverboard is a self-balancing scooter with a 20kmph top speed.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- Multiple color choices
My views on Skywalker board review
Looking at the specifications, there’s little, or no, that differentiates this product from the hundreds of American and Chinese hoverboards already on the market.
The 6.5” tires are quite a standard length for lightweight, not-so-heavy duty boards. They can get you from area to area over easy surfaces. However, that’s essentially all it could do.
What’s lovely about this unit is its 110 kg maximum weight capacity. For a board that is only 12 kg heavy, being capable of conveying more than 9-times its weight is undoubtedly a plus. This suggests that Skywalker does not skimp on materials for building their hoverboards.
However, that is still far from the most powerful hoverboard that can convey more than 158.7 kg. However, it should still endure the burden of even the heaviest of capability hoverboard riders trying to take this thing for a spin.
The travel velocity of 20 kmph is about the enterprise average, so there is nothing particular here. Even the most travel distance on a complete charge is barely underwhelming compared to similarly-priced American or Chinese boards. It can surely get you around and be used as a way of short-distance commutes.
Lastly, there is not even a Bluetooth speaker, which is disappointing. Not necessarily an awful aspect, but it’s always a pleasant function.
2. Skywalker x Road 8.5” Off-road smart board
- 70 x 22 x 23 cm
- Lithium-ion 36v 4.4AH battery
- 800W dual motor
- 20 km travel distance on a single charge
- 14 kg unit weight
- 2-3 charging hours from empty to full
- 18.5” shock absorbent tires
- 20 kg maximum weight capacity
- 1-year warranty
Recent trends in the hoverboard era have made these boards more potent in working on the pinnacle of rough roads and wet roads. Skywalker has harnessed the era and applied it to one of its products.
The Skywalker X Road functions 8.5” tires which are the right size and shape for strolling in any terrain. These are simply not the giant tires that a hoverboard can use, but they are amongst the largest. With those 8.5” tires, there is a very little you cannot run on. Making them effectively capable of absorbing shocks is an exact plus regarding running on complex surfaces.
This 14 kg device can deliver up to a terrific 120 kg. This is far from turning into one of the most powerful hoverboards. However, at least it surpasses the 113 kg threshold used to measure hoverboard durability.
Travel distance is similar to their 6.5” model, which is surprising, as they each use an equal battery, but this unit’s weight is heavier. We possibly would have cherished seeing greater power in their off-street hoverboard. However, protection is this company’s primary priority.
Once again, we see no Bluetooth option.
Pros & Cons
- Exceptional quality
- Impressive manufacturing quality
- Immense 20kmph top speed
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- The maximum range of up to 20km
- Charges in as little as 2 hours
- Fantastic on off-road surfaces
- Two different sized versions are available
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Lacks Bluetooth connectivity
So these are the 2 most outstanding hoverboards that Skywalker has to offer. This Australian business enterprise does not make much. However, what they make, they make exceptions. Performance is assured with their 6.5” and 8.5” models, and you can count on to use these merchandise for decades before changing with a newer model.
Speed-wise, nothing makes this Australian brand’s hoverboards outshine the Chinese and US merchandise that dominates the market. However, travelling fast is no factor if you can’t do it safely. And this Australian-licensed organisation does not skimp on safety. Distance-wise, again there is nothing extraordinary coming from this Australian-based tech organisation.
However, to end on a fantastic note for the enterprise, Skywalker’s online website does not entirely boast about outstanding Sky Boards.
Frequently asked questions
1. Why is my Skywalker beeping?
If you dismount unexpectedly, the Skywalker will send a warning beeping to let you know that the sensors are thrown out. Then, you need to reset the device.
2. What is the best hoverboard in Australia?
- Swagtron T1 Hoverboard
- Swagtron T6 Off-Road
- Epikgo All-Terrain
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0
3. Are Chinese scooters any good?
4. How do I make my Skywalker scooter faster?
The most effective way to increase our scooter’s speed is to change the battery for a high voltage battery and change the controller to support the changed voltage rating.
5. Why does my hoverboard turn off when I unplug it?
It is because of the depleted battery. This is an issue of BMS on the battery. It detects too much amperage during the charge. Hence, it shuts down the board. To check for this issue, remove the battery from the hoverboard.
6. Are hoverboards worth the money?
Yes, hoverboards are pricey, but they are worth the money. Just make sure that you consider some essential things before buying one.
7. Which hoverboard is best for kids?
- Hover-1 Drive Hoverboard.
- SISIGAD Hoverboard Fun Edition.
- Hover-1 Helix Electric Hoverboard.
- UNI-SUN Hoverboard best for Kids.
- Swagtron T580 App-Enabled Bluetooth Hoverboard.
- Gyroor Warrior 8.5-inch All-Terrain Off-Road Hoverboard.
- Hover-1 H1-100 Electric Hoverboard.
8. Do Hoverboard Batteries Explode?
No. If you buy a board with UL 2272 certification, it will never explode because the battery has already passed the safety test.
9. What can I use if I lost my hoverboard charger?
There are many crazy methods on the internet for charging the board without its charger. But the most reliable method is to use a laptop charger. Place the single pin on your board’s charging point and prop the board to keep the charger in place.